Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Genius of Six Feet Under

I am having a major freak out about how amazing Six Feet Under is. I am always so late on the HBO series bandwagon, and am just now watching it. We're about to finish Season 3, and I just don't want it to end. Only two more seasons to go. This show makes me cry. Every single episode, seriously. Last weekend Eric and I watched four episodes in a row and I almost didn't stop crying the entire time. I love every one of the Fishers.
Six Feet Under is heartbreakingly sad, hilarious, sweet, gut-wrenching, subtle, enlightening, and has actually made me think about death in an entirely new way. The last episode I watched ended with Nate sitting in his missing wife's car, on Highway 1, listening to "I Saw the Light" by Todd Rundgren, presumably the last song she heard. But I already have a special attachment to this song, and it made it all the more profound.
Genius.

sixfeetunder